About the Danish Rail Regulatory Body
Regulation and financesThe work of the board is regulated in the rules of procedure which has been drawn up in accordance with current statutes.
The board is financed by the railway companies whom the board monitors, as specified in the fiscal budget.
The Board members are appointed by the Minister of Business and Growth for a period of 4 years.
- Lene Sigvardt - Judge, Court of Naestved
- Per Baltzer Overgaard, Professor - Vice-Dean of Research and Talent Development, School of Business and Social Science, University of Aarhus
- Bjarne Kjær Ersbøll, Professor - Technical University of Denmark, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Jacob Schaumburg-Müller, Vice director - Danish Competition and Consumer Authority
- Lars Peter Raahave Østerdal, Professor - Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics
- Birgit Liin, Professor - University of Aarhus , Department of Law
- Henrik Sylvan, Head of Center - Technical University of Denmark, Management Engineering Expertise
- Anne-Dorte Bruun Nielsen, Lector - University of Aarhus, Department of Law (alternate)
- John A. Christensen, Ph.D., Professor - Department of Business Management and Economics, COHERE (alternate)
- Claus Holm, Professor - University of Aarhus, Department of Economics (alternate)
The secretary assists the Board with the practical management of tasks and cases.
The secretary continuously cooperates with the chairman with preparation of cases, planning and board meetings as well as implementation of the Boards resolutions and decisions. The secretary must make sure that processing of cases is done properly and effectively.